Monday, February 9, 2009

My "little helper"

On my day off, I decided to run some errands that I did not get to this weekend. Wes and I headed to Sam's Club to do some grocery shopping. I always make a list and try to stick to it, which is hard sometimes, especially when I take the Paul with me. Today was a little different. I had my "little helper" that made sure I stuck to the list and got all the items on the list. He also helped me to stay within our budget. At school Wes is learning to count money and is very "obsessed" with how much everything costs. He is constantly shouting out prices when we are shopping. So today, I decided to put his obsession with money to good use. I gave him a calculator and it was his job to put the cost of each item into the calculator. He loved it and it helped mommy stay within her budget. I can't believe how big he is getting.
Wes checking off the grocery list

Wes using the calculator

2 comments:

Roberts Family said...

ohhh big wes is such a big helper!!!

Laci said...

I need a little helper to make sure I stay on budget. Maybe Wes can come with us the next time I go to Target!! :)